76% ASC nominations match the Oscar Cinematography nominations.
– ASC and Oscar usually match 4 out of 5 nominations. Here are the 4 films that I think will get nominated:
1) Skyfall – dominating precursors & Academy loves Deakins
2) Life of Pi – dominating precursors
3) Les Miserables – Cinematography is what people love and hate about it
4) Lincoln – the best picture frontrunner
– Anna Karenina drops off in favor of…
– The Master, (Mihai Malaimare Jr.) or Django (Robert Richardson). Richardson won the Oscar last year, but leading up to the Oscar nominations, Django has been getting little love. Watch out for a surprise nomination for The Impossible and of course, Argo and the other best picture frontrunner, Zero Dark Thirty.
Best Cinematography Predictions
Les Miserables – Danny Cohen
Life of Pi – Claudio Miranda
Lincoln – Janusz Kaminski
Skyfall – Roger Deakins
The Master – Mihai Malaimare Jr.